• Woofer Size : 12.00” (305mm)
• Voice Coil Diameter: 3.00” (75mm)
• Magnet Type: Neodymium
Construction Features -
• Hardware/Flyware: (16) M10 Hang Points
• Dimensions (inch): 26.6” W x 14.9” H x 23.8” D
• Dimensions (mm): 676 W x 378 H x 605 D
• Weight (lbs/kg): 70 lbs (31.75 Kg)
Performance Specifications -
• Frequency Response: 45Hz - 125Hz (-3dB)
40Hz - 125Hz (-10dB)
• One LS Cabinet
- Sensitivity: 97dB @ 1W / 1 Meter
- Max SPL Long-term: 130dB
- Max SPL Peak: 133dB
• Two LS Cabinets
- Sensitivity: 100dB 1W / 1 Meter
- Max SPL Long-term: 133dB
- Max SPL Peak: 136dB
Settings & Impedance -
• Cross-over Point: 90Hz - 130Hz
• Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
• Continuous Power Rating: 800W RMS
• Program / Peak Power: 1600W / 2400W
• Recommended Amplification: 1600W @ 4 Ohms
The Tectonic LS-212 is a compact dual band-pass subwoofer designed to complement the Tectonic PL Series of flat panel speakers and other mid – high speaker systems.
The LS-212’s dual chamber design is comprised of two asymmetrically sized chambers optimized to deliver the highest possible output and attack from the smallest and shortest possible footprint (378mm /14.8 in. tall. )
The two 12” drivers are forward-facing, unlike many dual band-pass designs that have the drivers placed within the enclosure. Forward-facing woofers deliver higher-order harmonics above crossover frequency. Exposing the cone area provides a path for harmonics to blend with the acoustic output resulting in a more musical character vs. the typical “one-note thump” character from standard band pass subwoofer designs.
The LS-212‘s 12” drivers are designed by Tectonic and feature 3” voice coils and vented neodymium motors. This improved transducer design provides lighter weight and increased efficiency for improved long-term power handling and ventilation. The combined 4 Ohm load can accommodate Program / Peak Power of 1600W / 2400W.
The LS-212 enclosure is constructed of 19-ply Baltic Birch and finished in a wear-resistant black polymer coating. 16 rigging points are provided with M10 threaded sockets. The enclosure features an M20 pole mount accessory plate.
Single and pair LS-212 sub Caster Carts and heavy-duty nylon covers are available separately.