• Woofer Size : 18.00” (457mm)
• Voice Coil Diameter: 4.00” (100mm)
• Magnet Type: Neodymium
Construction Features -
• Hardware/Flyware: (8) Custom Pin Inserts
• Dimensions (inch): 51.8” W x 20.1” H x 47.3” D
• Dimensions (mm): 1300 W x 510 H x 1200 D
• Weight (lbs/kg): 270 lbs (123 Kg)
Performance Specifications -
• Frequency Response: 28Hz - 120Hz (-3dB)
22Hz - 160Hz (-10dB)
• One LS Cabinet
- Sensitivity: 101dB @ 1W / 1 Meter
- Max SPL Long-term: 140dB
- Max SPL Peak: 143dB
• Two LS Cabinets
- Sensitivity: 104dB 1W / 1 Meter
- Max SPL Long-term: 143dB
- Max SPL Peak: 146dB
Settings & Impedance -
• Cross-over Point: 80Hz - 120Hz
• Nominal Impedance: 2 x 8 Ohms
• Continuous Power Rating: 1200W RMS
(ea 8 Ohms)
• Program / Peak Power: 2400W / 3600W
(ea 8 Ohms)
• Recommended Amplification: 3200W @ 8 Ohms ea
The Tectonic LS-218 is a dual 18” bass reflex subwoofer for high SPL applications. It is designed to complement the Tectonic PL Series of flat panel speakers as well as other mid-high speaker systems.
The LS-218 features an advanced port design optimizing chamber size, port velocity and acoustic loading of the dual woofers. The enclosure has superior sensitivity, power handling and provides increased gain over typical front-loaded designs.
The cabinets were designed for easy stacking as well as for use as a cardioid pattern acoustic solution where control of rear and side-firing low frequency pattern control is desired.
The two 18” drivers feature 4-inch diameter voice coils and advanced vented neodymium motors. This improved transducer design provides lighter weight and increased efficiency for long-term power handling. Each 8 ohm driver can accommodate Program power of 1600 watts and Peak power of 2400 watts.
The LS-218 enclosure is constructed of 19-ply Baltic Birch and finished in a wear-resistant black polymer coating. Eight rigging points using 8mm quick pins are provided to attach flyware , flybars and additional cabinets.
Optional Rigging Bars, Caster Carts and Soft Covers are available separately.