• Frequency Response: 110Hz – 20kHz (+/-6dB)
93Hz – 20kHz (+6dB/-10dB) (SWL)
• Continuous Power Rating: 200W RMS
• Program Power / Peak Power: 300W/400W
• Recommended Amplification: 400W @ 8 ohm
• Sensitivity: 92dB @ 1W/1M
• Peak Output: 118dB
• Nominal Impedances: 1 x DML, 8 ohm
• Horizontal Coverage: 165°
• Vertical Coverage: 165°
• Dimensions: 36.4" W x 22.3" H x 2.9" D
(925mm W x 567mm H x 74mm D)
• Weight: 58 lbs. (26.8 Kg)
Specifications subject to change without notification.
110Hz, 18dB Butterworth HPF
1. High Pass – Butterworth 30dB/oct Slope 90Hz
2. Low Pass - Butterworth 6dB/oct Slope 17kHz
3. Peaking - 265Hz Level: -5.5dB Q: 3.1 B/W: 0.46
4. Peaking – 449Hz Level: +2dB Q: 1.1 B/W: 1.27
5. Peaking – 965Hz Level: -5.2dB Q: 0.9 B/W: 1.53
6. Peaking – 2.8kHz Level: -1dB Q:0.9 B/W: 1.53
7. Peaking – 5.3kHz Level: -2dB Q: 3.2 B/W: 0.45
8. High Shelf – 4000Hz Level: -3dB Q: 1 B/W: 1.39
The Tectonic PL-11NR Flat Panel Loudspeaker is an ideal choice for small to medium -sized venues where an equal audio experience for all seats across a very wide listening area is required.
The PL-11NR is a passive speaker system comprised of a single Distributed Mode Loudspeaker (DML). 180 degree frontal hemispherical power response is 100Hz – 20kHz (+/-6dB) and is used in conjunction with Tectonic or third-party subwoofers.
The DML utilizes resonant mode acoustic physics to propagate very wide, diffuse audio energy into a given space. The DML requires no cross-over network that can introduce phase and time alignment issues or possible distortion.
The PL-11NR has a horizontal and vertical coverage of 165⁰, provides a high margin of feedback resistance and generates near-zero amounts of odd-order harmonic artifacts and distortion. The net effect is superior intelligibility throughout a venue.
The PL-11NR propagates wide and diffuse audio that interacts with boundaries, (walls, windows, floors and ceilings), in an equally diffuse manner. The PL-11NR does not generate audio energy that is reflected as coherent first, second, third reflections that are perceived as out of phase, time-related reflections, so the acoustic space is essentially “erased”.
Even with such a diffuse output, the PL-11NR creates a highly accurate stereo image that is also propagated throughout its very wide output. Nearly every location throughout a venue perceives a stereo image.
The form factor of the PL-11NR is remarkable for its performance. Measuring approximately 3 feet wide by 2 feet tall by 3 inches deep, the PL-11NR can serve well as single panel stereo pairs for small venues mounted on stands, hung in small-multiples for increased output or as large multiple arrays when extended vertical coverage and space are a consideration.
PL-11NRs can be stand-mounted or flown from their integral mounting system designed by Tectonic and engineered & certified by ATM™. PL-11NRs are also VESA mount compatible for floor stands, wall-mount and swing-arm applications.
Rigging hardware as shown or described is optional and available at additional charge.
PL-11NRs are highly efficient; delivering more acoustic output for electrical input, A typical system for 1,000 seats can be powered by a single 110v 20A outlet. Touring and/or shipping a PL-11NR system is extremely compact and affordable.
Optional acoustically transparent socks are available in custom colors and /or graphics for color matching or branding.